Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Drug Use Increases.

Without much fanfare Reuters reported today that the use of anti-depressant drugs increased by 14 million people from 1996 to 2005. That's a lot of depressed people. That's a lot of pills. That's also a lot of money for the pharmaceutical companies and the doctor's that are writing the prescriptions. The article went on to say that not only are more people depending on these drugs but the one's that were already swallowing are swallowing even more.What I did not read was when, if ever, does the depressed person get better, or are they doomed to pop pills for the rest of their natural life? There are many illnesses that will require a lifetime regiment of medications, does depression have to fall into this sad category?
As a child of God, saved by Christ Jesus, I have not and will not experience depression. I have been sad, to the point of tears, He wiped them away. I have been afraid, He provided courage. I have been without, He taught me contentment. I have experienced darkness, He is the Light. Being a Christian is not without the worries of the world, but when you know Christ, when you place your faith in Him, you know that it is all temporary.
If you are depressed seek help, but first seek God. He is waiting for you.
The Great Physician might just prescribe-
"Read one verse and call me in the morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts

Hold My Hand

If you were to ask any of my children what colloquial truisms they recall their father uttering as they passed from toddler to young ad...