Tuesday, June 30, 2020

One Question, God



    
                                                            One Question, God

Sunday morning comes, I open your book and read

Standing before believers, teaching your words

Giving answers to their questions, silently praying I understand

Week after week, year after year, I praise you, lifting up your Name

Realization is real, you are my reason, I am your servant

Truth is Truth

 

The night comes,

I bow my head

One question, God

Grant me an answer, please

Before my eyes close

Why do you watch a mother cry?

Her son forever remembered

Faded photographs, empty spaces, agonizing remembrances

A son forever gone

His mother cries tonight

 

You are God, it didn’t have to be

You created mountains without end

Rivers to feed the seas

The night and the day

The moon and the stars

The beginning and the end

 It didn’t have to be

Youthful years stolen by the Reaper’s breath

A son gasps

A heart stops

A mother cries

A heart breaks

You watch

Why, God?


Grant me one answer before the morning calls

Would your world have been incomplete

Without her tears?

I wonder, God

Do you hear her tears?

Do you feel her pain?

My anger burns without your answer

 

Morning comes

A son dies

On a cross

To dry a mother’s tears


No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts

Hold My Hand

If you were to ask any of my children what colloquial truisms they recall their father uttering as they passed from toddler to young ad...