Tuesday, June 2, 2020

I Can't Breathe


I Can’t Breathe

 I close my eyes

Images go by

Colorless-

White on black- black on white

I bow my head to pray

The images linger, stealing my words, muting my God thoughts

Monochrome Black White

One Color?

One kneels to kill

One prays to breathe

One laughs One dies

Beyond my eyes, chaotic silence

Dreary eddies overflow

Images Mister Leary would covet

Ten thousand shadows march over broken asphalt

Holding his name high, seeking justice for the oppressed one

Tears fall from faceless minions

 

Beyond my eyes, chaotic stillness

Darkness unfolds

Colorless fire and ebony clouds fill the night

Cities burn

Shattered glass flashes hues of black and white

Faceless faces scream

Stores looted Pockets filled

No one cries

They have forgotten why they came

Forsaking his memory for a new TV

 

I close my eyes

I can’t breathe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts

Hold My Hand

If you were to ask any of my children what colloquial truisms they recall their father uttering as they passed from toddler to young ad...