Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Sober-Part 2- They Reply

You don’t want me anymore?
You sniveling little wimp!
I own you
Don’t you see?

How many Day One’s
Have there been?
How many more
Will you declare?
How many times did you fall?
…Fail?

You always return
Because…
I own you
Can’t you see?

Don’t look away
I will be here for you
I will ease the pain
I will soothe the sorrows

You don’t want me anymore?
Quiet
Listen to your heart
A pulse of anticipation
You need me
Now you see

Come closer
Remember my bitter-sweet taste
Hold me in your hand
Lift me to your lips
Taste me
I will take you where you need to be
Forever with me

I own you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts

Hold My Hand

If you were to ask any of my children what colloquial truisms they recall their father uttering as they passed from toddler to young ad...