Monday, September 5, 2022

Neglect

 


Webster's Dictionary defines neglect as; to give little attention or respect to, or; to leave undone or unattended to especially through carelessness.

I shall accept the first to define my own neglect in attending to this blog. I have no excuses, yet numerous reasons, most of which include writing.

Today, I made available for pre-order on Amazon my newest collection of poetry titled Dark Light The Poems of a Divided Mind. Depending on how long Barnes and Noble take to approve the hard back edition, it will also soon go on pre-sale. You will be able to get either, the e-book or the hardback on October 24th.

I have also been working on a new full length novel with the tentative title of Fatherless.

Now you know my reasons, excuses if you prefer, for being absent from the blog. During this absence I have discovered numerous ways not to promote my books. Perhaps I will go into the dreary details at another time, but for now, so as not to cause more neglect, I confess to you a late night revelation-I had better response from this blog than all the other vehicles combined. Sometimes, I guess, one must be buried in a landslide of failures before looking back at who or what got you there in the first place.

S, I have committed, only to myself at this point (don't take this wrong, I am just not ready to commit to anyone else) to write here, in this old friend's house, at least three times a week. I hope to be able to keep you apprised on what's happening in my library, poetry that I may be trying, or anything else that creeps out of the darkness of my divided mind.

See you soon,

Jim



No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts

Hold My Hand

If you were to ask any of my children what colloquial truisms they recall their father uttering as they passed from toddler to young ad...