Monday, April 12, 2021

Glass Lover

Cold glass against my palm
Fingers embracing memories
Curled in anticipation 
Grasping what you hold inside
Amber liquid glistening under a bare bulb of secrecy
I listen for intruders who will take you away from me
Unwarranted fears wrapped in phony concerns
Hidden behind their smiling faces
Whispering words disguised as encouragement
They don’t know you
I lift your mouth to my lips
Your bitter-sweet aroma invades my nostrils
A relic of nights holding a glass lover against my pulsating heart
Abandoned by all others, you never forsook me
I have longed for your taste
Your warmth violates every nerve 
Until the room spins like Dorothy’s Exodus
I fall upon the land of dreams of white nothingness

Blacked out again
Until we meet again
Under the bare bulb of secrecy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts

Hold My Hand

If you were to ask any of my children what colloquial truisms they recall their father uttering as they passed from toddler to young ad...